Social Links Header Needs

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Met a Guy on a Plane | Brian Deegan 38

The Impact A Random Person Can Make 



   It is not everyday that I jump into my seat and realize the person I am about to sit next to for the next few hours is one of the most amazing people in motorsports, Brian Deegan.  For those of you who do not know Deegan he is one of the most decorated athletes in Freestyle Motocross, founder of Metal Mulisha, and amazing race car driver.  He is also the only person to have competed in at least 1 X-Games event every year from the start.

    Needless to say it was one of the more entertaining flight I have had to Vegas in a long time.  I got to hear so many stories about what I used to watch with him and Pastrana and the whole metal mulisha crew.  The whole flight brought me back to being a kid and overly excited about everything action sports.  I was even lucky enough to catch a ride to the Global Rally Cross track with him and check out his car and the pit area before catching a ride to the hotel for SEMA the following day.

    A few months later he came into Florida with his whole family in his camper to do some training with his son and daughter.  Deegan hit me up to see if I would want to come out and shoot some photos of him and his crew out at a private track in Groveland.  I may or may not have jumped on the opportunity to shoot him immediately.

     Deegan had a few ideas of images that he has actually never done before.  One being one of my favorite images  of the berm underneath the heavily moss covered oak trees that ran in Transworld Motocross.



    It is always amazing when an athlete has an idea and it all comes together in the final image, not to mention it makes my job extremely easy!  For me seeing some one like Brian Deegan get stoked on an image we made still blows my mind.


     Working with Brian did so much for me  unknowing at the time.  I came back to my action sports roots in full force and had the drive I had lost with it.  At the time I had been working so hard on marketing and meeting new clients I almost lost the passion I had that brought me to where I was in my career.  Since the shoot with the Deegan family I have dedicated a lot more of may time for personal projects based around action sports bringing my dream shoots to life 1 year at a time.

    Check out a few of the final images and behind the scenes shot below.  Thank you Brian Deegan and your whole Family/Crew for the great time!










   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment